Plant a Tree!
- REQUEST A FREE TREE: Any property owner can request a free street tree by submitting a Service Request at NYC Parks or by calling 311.
- PLANT A TREE ON YOUR OWN: You can plant a tree on your own by obtaining a Tree Planting Permit and hiring a landscape contractor. To apply for a free permit to plant a tree in front of your property, please follow our Permit Planting: Step-By-Step directions.
- How to help your local street trees and take care of our urban forest:
- Citizen Pruner Program
- adopt-a-tree: MillionTreesNYC needs your help to keep the trees we’ve planted healthy and green! Our Tree Care map will help you locate street trees (over 625,000 of them!), record your care, and earn points and badges!
- Curb your dog– yes you do have the superpowers to steer your pooch to the curb.
- You find out more about your street trees, create an account to record your street tree care activities, and request tree services from NYC Parks. NYC Street Tree Map